Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Jackie's Mexican Cheesecake Bars

For quite some time I have been talking about Jackie guest blogging for me. Well that time has finally arrived! She is a great cook, but not a huge fan of baking despite the fact that everything she bakes is met with fabulous reviews. The following is straight from the lovely redhead herself:

I made these for a little boy named Donnie, who recently turned one. He had a Mexican fiesta party and his mom asked me to make a dessert. I am NOT a baker, but wanted to contribute something. So I found this recipe and altered it slightly. Little Donnie was too young to enjoy them, but the rest of the party loved them. I didn't even get a chance to taste them for myself. But I am making them for my mother-in-law-to-be's birthday. I hope you enjoy!

Ingredients

2 (8 ounce) pkgs. cream cheese softened
1 Cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 (8 ounce) pkgs crescent rolls
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter

Directions

1. Spray 9 X 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and vanilla until combined.


3. Unroll 1 pkg. crescent rolls and shape to bottom of baking dish. (You may need to use a rolling pin and flour.)

4. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly onto crescent roll layer.


5. Top cream cheese mixture with 2ND crescent roll layer.

6. Combine 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup sugar. (I used my hands just for fun.)

7. Dot sugar mixture on the the crescent roll layer.


8. Bake for 35 minutes or until crescent roll is golden brown.

Makes 12 cream cheese bars.

Back to me (Jenn) now...Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to try one of these. Apparently, I was too busy drinking beer with the Husband and deciding which one of the adorable little babies we were going to steal and keep for ourselves. Haha, not true...Not true that we were actually going to go through with it, however, we did discuss it. I guess that's what happens when you find yourself newlywed and at a birthday party surrounded by babies. Or is that just us????

Regardless, I know they were delicious because the guests were raving and I overheard them. Perhaps she will make them for me another time. Cinco de Mayo??? Job well done, Jackie!


No comments: