Monday, June 22, 2009

Lemon Meringue Pie


Yeah, so it has been a while since I posted. I have been baking, I just haven't had the time to update my blog. Either that or it's just plain laziness. It's your call. I don't really make pie, but I woke up one morning and had a craving for marshmallow fluff...weird, I know, but I just had to have it. I couldn't find any recipes that called for marshmallow fluff that sounded even remotely appetizing to me. Hence, the meringue pie...I added the marshmallow to the meringue and it was soooooo freaking good!!! It was fabulously delicious! Here's the recipe: Ingredients

1 1/2 c. sugar
6 T. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 c. cold water
3 eggs yolks, slightly beaten
1 1/2 c. boiling water
1 T. butter or margarine
9-inch baked pie shell
Fluff Meringue (below)

Directions

1. In medium saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
2. Add lemon juice, cold water and egg yolks; stir in boiling water.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to
boil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes more.
4. Stir in butter until melted. Remove from heat.
5. Heat oven to 350° F and Prepare fluff meringue (see below)
6. Pour filling into pie shell.
7. Spread meringue over hot filling; seal well to crust.
8. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until meringue is golden. Cool completely on wire rack.

Fluff Meringue

1. In medium bowl beat 3 egg whites, at room temperature, until
soft peaks form.
2. Beat in 1/2 c. Marshmallow Fluff, a little at a time, until whites stand in stiff glossy peaks.


Makes me wish I had a slice right now. Therein lies the danger of posting recipes weeks after you actually made them....

No comments: